- Text Size +

CHAPTER 44 - BUMPS IN THEIR ROAD

 

BRITIN - SUNDAY LATE EVENING

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

BRIAN

 

I wrap my arms round him as he looks out of the window. “So peaceful.” He whispers leaning back against me.

 

“Hmm. Gus took it surprisingly well.” I suck on his neck. “Although, I think that him coming up next weekend helped.

 

“It did.” He turns in my arms. “I like the fact that Hunter didn’t make up the bed...anyone would think he was trying to say something!”

 

I capture his plump lips and pull him tight against me, his hands go in my hair and mine go to his ass. He gives me a gentle shove and I’m surprised. “What? What’s wrong?”

 

“Backwards...As in you need to head to the bed. And keep kissing me.” He smiles.

 

“I have a better idea. Come with me.” I take his hand and lead him downstairs.

 

“Brian…”

 

“We need to do this properly.” I smile shyly and open the front door and pull him outside.

 

“This is ridiculously romantic.” He grins as I pick him up to carry him over threshold and back to the bedroom. “Now where were we?”

 

“Right here.” He mumbles, sucking my bottom lip into his mouth. I love it when he does that!

 

Slowly we strip each other, walking back to the bed, only stopping so we don't trip over our pants. I lie him on the bed and slowly peel off his socks, kissing each toe...much to his amusement and then pull off my own. I tap his hips and he raises them so I can take off his thong...and momentarily wish he had his back to me, as if reading my mind he laughs and whispers next time. Lying on top of him, I look deep into his eyes and he wraps his legs around my waist.

 

“Now?” I whisper.

 

“Please...don't need it.” He moans when I suck on my fingers. “Brian...please now.” He begs sweetly.

 

Slowly I slide into him, the hotness of his cavern feels different somehow. Hotter, tighter and then I realise what it is. We’re really home. I feel the tears start to prickle.

 

“You feel it too?” He gasps holding tighter and I nod and go still. “Best moment of my life is right now, here with you...home!”

 

“You’ve done it…” We tongue fuck and his cock throbs between us. “You’ve made me the best homosexual I could be.”

 

We have done that for each other.” He sniffs and I wipe away the tear. “But you really do need to move now!” He demands impishly.

 

“Bossy bottom.” I growl and slowly start to move my hips.

 

DINER - TUESDAY AFTERNOON

 

DEBS

 

Carl waves goodbye as he heads to his shift and looks surprised when Michael says hello as he comes in at the same time. I sigh and indicate he should follow me to the back.

 

“Why are we in here?” He asks.

 

“You ain't fooling me with this agreeable son routine. You try and ruin this or any other ceremony, then you will have to find another state to live in. If you try to make me choose, I will pick what makes me happy, not you.”

 

“Ma, I have accepted that you and Carl are going to be married! Why can't you see that?!” He looks indignant.

 

“Because I see you clearly now.” I stand up and open the door. “Did you actually want to order something?

 

“No, but I want to be able to help plan your ceremony and…”

 

The slamming of the door silences him. “No! Absolutely not! Ruth and Paul are sorting…”

 

“Paul? Who the fuck is Paul?! And why not Emmett?” He snarks.

 

“Paul is Ruth’s wedding coordinator. As for Ems, he's doing something special for us instead. He’s…”

 

“Special?! But I’m your son! Surely I should have an opportunity to…”

 

The door being thrown open surprises us both. “She said no. I’m saying no. So go Michael, before you upset us further.” Carl orders.

 

It takes him a few seconds to get up and slowly leave.

 

“So proud of you.” Carl beams and gives me a hug. “Now seriously, gotta go.”

 

I follow him out feeling pretty damn proud of myself too! But I know this thing with Michael is not over.

 

OUTSIDE TAYLOR-KINNEY ENTERPRISES HQ - 40 MINUTES LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

So Emmett is her special boy now, is he?! Well she forgets that her special boy has a big mouth and can't keep anything quiet! I’ll soon find out what it is and take over.

 

Smiling to myself, I decide to walk home, but I come to a seething halt outside what used to be Brian’s loft! I can't fucking believe it! Hunter is in there! I peer through the new large windows to see what he’s doing. Time to take a page out of Lindsay's book and play nice when I need to.

 

“Don't even think about it!” Ben snaps, making me jump. “Go away Michael.”

 

“Ben! I just want…”

 

“To find out what is happening in order to work out how you can fuck them over, yes I know. Like I said, go away.” He knocks on the window and Hunter grimaces but then nods. “Now!”

 

I keep a pleasant expression on my face and make my way back to the apartment, although I am boiling inside. He can't be there all the time...I will find a way in!

 

CARNEGIE MELLON - AN HOUR LATER

 

MILLICENT’S OFFICE

 

MILLICENT

 

I stare regretfully at the letter and then again at Ginny. “Nothing I can say or do?”

 

She shakes her head. “This is the opportunity of a lifetime. I have to take this chance. But will work my two weeks’ notice, or longer, but only up to a month.”

 

“Thank you. You want to tell the faculty?” I smirk at her as she nods. “Let me know when you do.”

 

“Oh! Faculty meeting this evening. We might need to go for drinks afterwards...you know depending on how certain people respond!”

 

“You devil!”

 

She winks at me and leaves chuckling...and I curse hiring Lindsay Peterson!

 

MICHAEL AND LINDSAY’S APARTMENT

 

MICHAEL

 

I am bored! Although I have this money, Lindsay has said that I can’t have any collectibles here. But she didn’t say I couldn’t buy any. I consider it a household expense to keep me happy so have been using the money from the joint account. There’s enough money in there for all our bills...

 

Sighing, I flick through the newspapers and once again, find an article about how great Boy Fucking Wonder is!

 

I still can't see what Brian sees him. Yes, there is no denying he is passably attractive but after that he's all ass. I am suddenly assailed by the memory of Brian topping from the bottom in his office. He looked totally into what he was doing and with him. The way he threw his head back when he was finally seated was both nauseating and sexy at the same time!

 

I am brought of my trip down memory lane by my phone buzzing and it's Mel. Part of me wants to ignore her but since I have nothing else to do, I might as well take my frustrations out on her!

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you coming over next weekend to see Gummy?”

 

“We will be there to see JR. What time and day?”

 

“Saturday at 1100 but then we have to be elsewhere from five. So what are you going to do?”

 

“I’ll speak to Lindsay tonight and…”

 

“Confirm it in an email, so there's no confusion.”

 

I find myself listening to dead air before I could even formulate a reply. “Bitch!”

 

Wait a minute...she only said Gum...JR, so where’s Gus going to be?!

 

CARNEGIE MELLON - EARLY EVENING

 

STAFF ROOM

 

MILLICENT

 

“That concludes all agenda item. Does anyone have any AOB?”

 

“Yes Millicent.” Ginny stands and smiles. “It is with a mixture of sadness and pleasure that I have tendered my resignation.” Lindsay's eyes narrow. “I have been given the opportunity of a lifetime to work full-time for Taylor-Kinney Enterprises and I am taking it.”

 

“Full-time?” Malia repeats. The only one who doesn't look surprised is Ben. “Wow. So what happens to the assistant position? I know someone.”

 

“I am going to stay until the position is filled up to a month. Then I have to go to LA for Rage meetings. You have got to book some time off Malia and come party with me…”

 

“Justin will expect you to work, not party.” Lindsay interrupts frostily and looks around as if expecting praise for her jealousy.

 

“We’ve got meetings at the same time as the Rathman Show.” Ginny continues as if she hadn’t been interrupted. “So it will be you, me and Cassia!”

 

“Oh Ginny, I am so pleased for you!” Bernhard gets up and hugs her. “I think drinks are definitely in order! Where shall we go?!”

 

“Oh I need food as well!” Malia calls out. “Ben, you coming?”

 

“Yeah...if you need food, we can go to Applewood Smoked Burger Company and then there are some good bars round there. I think.”

 

“Okay, Google is going to be my friend! How many are we booking for table wise?”

 

“Pretty much all of us, so...10.” Ginny tells her. “Oh wait, is Cassia on a date tonight, Ben?”

 

“No date; she’s at Bloom.” I answer. “Sidney wants to do a retrospective of her works. I’ll text her and let her know where we’ll be.” Lindsay looks like she’s going to have a fit with the amount of tics she’s got ticking. “But he’s agreed to wait until they’re back from LA as he wants to combine Justin’s early works towards the end of the show.”

 

“Okay people, let’s go!” Bernhard declares. “I have just googled the menu for Applewood. I am not sharing!”

 

As everyone files out, it is just Lindsay and I left. “How she must have enjoyed that!” She spits bitterly. “For you to let her aim obvious darts at…”

 

“Lindsay, try not to drink too much tonight, if you attend.” I cut across her. “We now have a meeting first thing in the morning. I don’t want there to be anything I say to you misconstrued. Oh and do try to find someone who will sit in the meeting with you.”

 

MICHAEL AND LINDSAY’S APARTMENT - LATE EVENING

 

LINDSAY

 

With Millicent’s words weighing heavily on my mind, I kept my words to myself. Ginny was being nauseatingly sycophantic about Boy Ass and Rage; I don’t know how to tell Michael about the LA trip.

 

“Where have you been? I have been calling you all evening.” He pouts.

 

“I know but I was at a faculty event so couldn’t take your call. What was it you wanted?”

 

“Two things. Hunter is supervising the build of their HQ and Mel says we can see JR at 1100 on Saturday but she didn’t mention Gus. So…”

 

“That is Gus’s weekend with his fathers. So as well as seeing JR, I will be seeing some friends.”

 

“You’re doing what?” He looks flabbergasted.

 

“Going out with friends in the evening. I won’t be leaving you alone with Mel so don’t worry!”

 

“Oh thank God!” He sighs in relief. “So what was the do in aid of?”

 

I shift slightly on the sofa. “Ginny is leaving… She’s going to work for Boy Ass full time.” It seems to take a few minutes for it to sink in but he seems to take it well as he just shrugs. “There’s more. She’s going to be having meetings about Rage...in LA.”

 

“Did you enjoy telling me that?!” He explodes.

 

“No, of course not! I was just as shocked as you are, especially since Cassia will be meeting with them as part of the Rathman Show. Millicent took particular pleasure in dropping that little nugget of information!”

 

We both glower at each other before I suddenly realise the absurdity of the situation and start to laugh.

 

“What’s so funny?!” He barks.

 

“Because…” I manage to get myself under control. “They are getting what they want by having us bicker. We have to present a united front in the face of their vindictiveness.”

 

Slowly he seems to accept it before standing up. “I’m going to bed. See you in the morning.”

 

“Good night.” I smile and squeeze his hand as he passes me. Once he’s in his bedroom, I head to the fridge and pour myself a large glass of wine then head to my room. I take out the package I received at work and hope it’s not too crushed. Pulling out the silk top, I admire the creamy colour, which compliments my skin tone perfectly and put it in my trousseau box at the back of my wardrobe.

 

CARNEGIE MELLON - WEDNESDAY MORNING

 

MILLICENT’S OFFICE

 

LINDSAY

 

I feel sick to my stomach as she quietly looks through a folder. Finally, she looks up and steeples her fingers before clearing her throat. “So here’s the thing. As evidenced by your petulant behaviour yesterday, you haven’t changed your attitude one iota and…”

 

“Millicent, you have to understand…”

 

“Do not speak Lindsay! You need to understand your position, such that it is. Does your phone have a recording facility since you are unaccompanied?”

 

“Y-yes.” I stammer, and inwardly curse at the show of weakness! I feel the cold sweat break over my body and make my hands remain steady as I sort my phone out.

 

“This is the termination of employment meeting regarding Lindsay Peterson…”

 

Oh fuck!

 

TAYLOR-KINNEY ENTERPRISES - FRIDAY MORNING

 

HUNTER

 

They don’t look happy. We didn’t get much time to talk on Sunday and they have been out of state since Monday.

 

“Are you using Ruth’s team as well for this?” Justin asks, looking round the space.

 

“Yes.” I reply nervously.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us about using them in the first place?” Brian demands.

 

“Because there were circumstances that after I spoke to Mel, dad and Ruth, we thought it was best to get it done as soon as poss…”

 

“What happened?” Justin interrupts.

 

“Lindsay turned up, wanting to check Gus’s room but I wouldn’t let her in. Then she tried to be a bitch and threatened me, but dad was recording it. We went straight to Mel and she told Ruth and the rest is…”

 

“She threatened you?” Brian growls.

 

“Yeah, she tried to make out that she had the ear of Tucker, but I had to point out that he’s dating Jennifer...she hadn’t noticed.” I snicker but they don’t so I go quiet.

 

“Was it just her? Was Michael was there too? Okay we understand...but next time tell us things like that!”

 

“On that particular night, just her, but earlier this week he was here. So...I called Mel and she’s working on papers for this place too.”

 

Brian nods and heads to the back of the room, opening the door. “What’s back here? I’ve not seen that before.”

 

“The contractors park out there…”

 

“But there are no contractors here today!” Brian snaps.

 

I frown and go to see what he’s looking at...and there is a Chevrolet Apache vintage truck wrapped in a bow with dad, Mel, grandma, grandpa, Ruth and Carmine standing on either side of it smiling.

 

“Wha…” I turn to a smiling Brian and Justin.

 

“Thank you.” Brian leans over and kisses my cheek. “You deserve it.”

 

“Bu…”

 

“So glad you are not taking English at CG!” Dad laughs.

 

I just keep staring. “Mine?”

 

“Aha! Finally a whole word!” Grandpa laughs. “You have made me so very proud over how you handled this whole thing. So proud. However, as proud as I am of you, there is no way you’re driving this today. You are just too stunned!”

 

I watch as Ruth hands over the keys and try not to sulk!

 

ART DISTRICT - FRIDAY LUNCH TIME

 

LINDSAY

 

Fired! I have been fucking fired! Hopefully, Millicent will remember that she works in HR and keeps her big mouth shut!

 

“Well, well well... hey kid.”

 

“Sam!” I gasp.

 

“You are looking as ravishing, if not more so, than ever. So do I get a hug?” He grins at me then looks me up and down again. “Or we could go back to my hotel and say hello properly?”

 

I’m flattered that he still feels that way. “Lead the way.” I smile back as a plan begins to formulate.

 

MEL’S OFFICE - SAME TIME

 

MEL

 

He’s late. Why doesn’t he understand that he is not in any position of power to play his so called power games?!

 

Sue comes in. “He’s downstairs so do I bring him straight in when he arrives up here?”

 

“Please let’s get this over with. I have a life to lead…”

 

“And a date to prepare for.” She snickers knowingly...I still can’t believe she caught Cassia and I making out!

 

Ten minutes later, Michael is affecting boredom opposite me. “What is so important that couldn’t have waited until tomorrow?”

 

“I don’t work weekends Michael, so let’s get on with what I’m being paid to do. This is the restraining order, barring you from going within 500 feet of Taylor-Kinney Enterprises HQ on Tremont.”

 

That wiped the smirk off your face and tightened your sphincter, didn’t it!

 

“Oh come on! This is ridiculous!” He wails.

 

“No, it isn’t but you are! Now get out of my office and find another route home!”

 

TAYLOR-KINNEY ENTERPRISES HQ - THREE WEEKS LATER

 

JUSTIN

 

“Oh God! Yes! Please! Please! There! Yes right there!”

 

“Where?!” He snaps his hips. “There? Or here?” I try to raise up but he pushes me flat against my desk again. God it is so intense! “Answer me or I stop.” His voice is like liquid honey and I turn my head and capture his mouth. As we kiss, he surprises me by lifting my hips off the desk and stopping!

 

I tear my mouth away from him. “There! Right there!” I bellow.

 

“Thank you.” He drips in my ear. “Now back to fucking and kissing.”

 

RUTH’S CONDO - FRIDAY EVENING

 

BATHROOM

 

ARNO

 

Oh my god, looks like I’m going to be a godfather!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks